Nostalgia

>> Monday, August 24, 2009

This marks my first actual entry into the i♥Faces weekly contest. The theme this week is:

Nostalgia.

The story behind my photo is simple. This is a photo of my daughter, Fiona, in her baptismal gown. The gown was purchased by my mother in 1983, as a baptismal gown for myself. I always knew that when the time came that I had a child to be baptized, (s)he would wear this gown.

In my parents' living room, there is an entire wall of baby girls wearing this dress. Some with the bonnet, some without. Some of the babies are old enough to stand, some are still being propped up to sit, some have nearly outgrown the dress. There is a lot of variety, since there are twelve of us kids in total. It's long been a game that whenever a new person comes to the house, they try to match the baby photo to the correct sibling. The majority of them are obvious, because while we are all wearing the same dress, each has their own distinct personality. I'm looking forward to adding my daughter's picture and personality to that wall, and to giving the dress back to my mother so that she can have my youngest sister's (who is nearly a year old already!) photos done before she outgrows the dress!


Check out the rest of the entries at:

2 comments:

Carrie Vines August 24, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

Welcome and you picked a great shot for your first! Just precious!

Jessica Marie August 25, 2009 at 3:37 AM  

Such a sweet photo of your daughter and that is so wonderful you were able to pass down your baptism gown to her! :)

All images © 2009 LaMartina Photography | All Rights Reserved

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP